Beginner Chinese 2
This course will last 10 weeks and consist of 10 lessons (2 hours each). The course is tutor led in small groups of up to 5 people.
Topics & Vocabulary
- Knowing how to say the days, dates, months and year.
- Ordering drinks/food in a restaurant.
- Asking about nationality and the town/city you are from.
- Describing the things of your choice.
- Asking for information about public transport.
- Ordering food in a restaurant (from entering a restaurant to paying the bill).
- Arranging to meet.
- Shopping: asking about the size, colour of clothes.
- What to say at a table, for instance, how to toast or give a compliment.
- Chinese sentence order (Time+Location+Action)
- Measure words (一杯，一个，difference between 一星期 and 一个星期)
- Talking about the past and future with the time words “zuo tian昨天” & “ming tian明天”
- Question words: ma, shenme, nar, shenme defang, shenme shihou, zenme, ji, duoshao.
- Chinese sentences with two words (Subject + verb1+verb2).
- How the possessive word ‘de’ is used.
- Learn a large variety of sentence patterns according to textbook.
- Focus on sentence patterns instead of grammar (the importance of memorising sentence patterns)
- Chinese dishes and staple food/ 讲一讲菜和饭的区别
- Various celebrations, e.g. Chinese New Year, Mooncake and Dragon Boat Festivals;
- Distinguishing between the major dialects in Chinese language.